FAST will not provide transit services to passengers who have exhibited behavior that is violent, seriously disruptive, or illegal (“Suspendible Conduct”). Suspendible Conduct includes, but is not limited to, the following conduct:
- Threats of physical harm to other passengers, bus operators, or any other service personnel.
- Physical assault or battery on the bus operator or other passengers.
- Verbal abuse, including the use of profanity, intimidation, or altercation with the bus operator or other passengers.
- Failure to obey a bus operator’s lawful direction.
- Harassment of bus operator or other passengers.
- Damage to vehicle equipment.
- Repeated violation of riding rules, including smoking in the vehicle, eating, or drinking on the vehicle.
- Failure to maintain reasonably acceptable personal hygiene standards, which could expose passengers and bus operators to health and safety risks.
- Any criminal conduct prohibited by the California Penal Code.
Service will immediately be suspended to passengers who engage in Suspendible Conduct, and a notice of suspension will promptly be mailed to the passenger.
FAST shall conduct an investigation of the Suspendible Conduct that shall include interviewing the passenger and/or other passengers present and/or involved in the Suspendible Conduct and reviewing surveillance video footage.
FAST shall make a determination regarding the length of the suspension within ten (10) calendar days from the date of the incident resulting in the suspension.
In determining the length of the suspension and the conditions for the reinstatement of the suspended passenger’s riding privileges, FAST staff shall consider the cause of the Suspendible Conduct and FAST staff’s ability to resolve the matter in conjunction with the suspended passenger and/or the other parties involved to ensure that the Suspendible Conduct will cease.
Past incidents of Suspendible Conduct will also be considered in determining the length of the suspension.
Passengers may appeal the suspension of service by contacting FAST administration.
*Suspendible Conduct Policy is in accordance with Section 37.5 (h) of the Americans with Disabilities Act.
FAST Administration: call 707-434-3800; email: [email protected]; fasttransit.org